(Fair) queuing, buffering, and "bufferbloat"
This is basically just a teaser, but I’ve been playing around with things on my home internet connection (PPPoE over ADSL) and have achieved some fairly good results (within the limitations of my internet connection). I’ve learned quite a lot about various bits and pieces along the way, so I decided I should blog it all for my own future reference as well as others. I’ll probably be duplicating some existing material along the way, but half of the challenge was just finding all the bits and pieces scattered around and putting them all together, so hopefully I’ll save somebody else some time in the future. I’ll also be uploading my actual test scripts, as well as the test results, for reference.